Saturday, February 7, 2009

UF Museum of Natural History

I have to admit I thought Andrew was going to be bored with a capital B at the museum but he really liked it. We constantly heard 'oooooohs!' coming from him. He particularly liked the skeletons (especially the woolly mammoth) and the shark jaws. He surprises me everyday!

Steve and Andrew check out what goes on when wood rots.

Andrew was absolutely mesmerized by these. OK, we all were. There were 6-8 reconstructed jaws there. They found the teeth in the St. John's River (Jacksonville) and Cooper River (I don't remember where this river is) and then did a cast of the projected size of the jaw. Criminy, they are BIG and really scary!

The big 'Oooooooh!' of the day was the woolly mammoth.


I just really like this picture. :)

No comments: