Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Beantown

In early May, Steve & I took a long weekend to check out Boston. We had a really nice time- good sites, good eats & good weather. I did blog about Boston already on my other blog, Indigo Star Fairy, and most of the pictures are the same but there is a little better commentary... We did all the typical things that there are to do in Beantown- Fenway, Duck Tour, Boston Public Library, Boston Public Gardens (loved it!!), Freedom Trail, Newbury Street, USS Constitution, Harvard, Hah-vahd Square...
Trinity Church
Steve & I at Faneuil Hall in front of a statue of Samuel Adams. OMG, a picture of Steve & I and no Andrew in sight! In fact a whole post without Andrew...

The very cool old graves at one of the many cemeteries along the Freedom Trail. The artwork is kind of kitschy and very neat. Is that disrespectful to the dead that I think the artwork is 'kitschy'?

Samuel Adams grave. All the rocks on top are a Jewish tradition to show that you have paid your respects. Flowers die, stones don't.

Boston Public Gardens. Steve & I ended up in here 3 timesin 4 days- it was such a cool park! The tulips were (obviously) in bloom and there are over 9000 in the Gardens.



They look like they are glowing which I think is kind of cool!!


Fenway! Yay! Every baseball fan should get to Fenway. And, of course, Wrigley!

This was on the Harvard campus. Absolutely adorable! It made me smile. :)

No comments: