Monday, July 20, 2009

A trip to Wildwood Zoo

Last week AJ and I went up to Minocqua to visit with my parents, my oldest brother Craig was in town from Chicago) and my niece (Adreanna, 7.5) and nephew (Parker, 4). We went to Wildwood Zoo (even though to my dismay the goats are unpenned but I sucked it up for the team) and visited with the animals. We saw lots of them that aren't pictured and got to pet a porcupine and groundhog.

This was a different day but how funny is AJ?!? He already broke 2 pairs (at least) of my sunglasses so I bought him a pair for himself and he can do what he wants with them...

I don't think anyone in our group was into the goats. They were way to aggressive and chewing on the stroller and creeping me out especially. Adreanna decided to ditch the food and get out of there!

Petting the baby bunnies

I love this picture of Adreanna!

I didn't want AJ to pull a Lenny (Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men) so I told Adreanna to hold it for him.
Isn't it just a little weird that this deer just stands here and takes all the people and petting?
The parakeet house. I'm not sure how many birds were in here (250?) but if you held out your finger or a stick they landed on it. Parker & Adreanna got them to come to them but AJ was moving around too much.

Prairie dog tunnel. AJ freaked out half way through it and ran back the way he came in. Not sure why...

Uncle Craig and his nephew AJ.

I don't think Adreanna and Parker knew I was taking a picture of them too. They look bored!


Grandma Jan (or Uma) and AJ

No comments: