Saturday, July 2, 2011

If you're going to San Francisco... And Napa Valley...

In May 2011 we went to San Francisco and Napa Valley.  It was kind of like a 9 year wedding anniversary trip.  Steve had a conference in San Fran and we decided to extend it with some more wine drinking and fine dining in the quaint towns north of the city.  
 In SF at flour+water with my star friend, Jayne and her fiance, Steve.  After we hit up the Four Seasons for a Pomegranate Martini for me and a nice Cab for Steve.  The Pom Martini definitely was right up there with City Grill's... Before flour+water I went to Spa Radiance for a salt body scrub and facial and then to get my toes pampered at Bamboo Nail Salon while Steve was in a conference (rough, I know!) The Bay to Breakers 12K run was going on while I was in Marina/Cow Hollow... THAT was definitely interesting!  Something to see, for sure.  Everyone was walking around in costumes absolutely drunk.  A banana got into the cab that I got out of.  I stuck out like a sore thumb looking normal!!  Coca Bella Chocolates is a definite must in SF too.  Mmmmmmm.  Jayne and I went on a walking tour of the 1906 Earthquake and Fire the next day.  I finally retired my well worn Asics with a brand new pair of running shoes.  I think Jayne was horrified at how beat they were- she helped me pick out new ones. We also hit up one of our fave restaurants- Fino.  Off to Napa Valley/Yountville we went...




At Duckhorn Vineyards

Caymus Vines- Caymus is our favorite!!
Below we are on a hike and picnic in Robert Louis Stevenson State Park.  Sandwiches and a half bottle of Frog's Leap Zin from Dean & Deluca.  The hikes were a highlight of the trip.  Often people go and just drink wine but we decided to go for something different to do and it was SO worth it!






Where we stayed: Westin Market Street in San Francisco and Napa Valley Lodge
Where we tasted in Napa Valley: Beaulieau Vineyards, Duckhorn, Caymus, Cake Bread, Plump Jack...
Where we ate in Napa Valley: Rutherford Grill (yummy queso dip!), Tra Vigne, Mustards Grill and Bottega (AWESOME- one of my new favorites of all time... The salted caramel gelato was so go that we went back for it twice...)

No comments: