Friday, October 7, 2011

Grandparents Day at AJ's School

We had Grandparents Day at AJ's school and I was in charge of photos.  I took photos of all the families together.  Unfortunately, Steve's parents live in Florida and my parents couldn't make it so I asked my friends Bob & Mary to step in and be AJ's grandparents for the day.  They were tickled at the idea!  AJ adores Bob & Mary (in his own words... "Bob and Mary are two of my favorite people!").  But you can't tell that in these pictures... ;)




 My 'sisters' Mary and Wendy
After all the grandparents left, I stuck around and put together a project for the kids to do for the World War II Veterans who are going on the Never Forgotten Honor Flight next week.  The Honor Flight takes WWII Veterans (free of charge to them) on a chartered plane to Washington DC to see the monuments and sights for the day.  There is a 'mail call' and the veterans will get stacks of mail thanking them from family, friends, strangers, kids... It is pretty amazing.  So AJ and his friends made these flags that the Veterans could 'wave'.  Bob and Mary were instrumental in the Honor Flight taking off in our area and the stories they have are both heartbreaking and hilarious about these amazing men who fought for our country.

No comments: