Monday, December 22, 2008

A couple of great books...

A few good books that I have read lately:
*Dark of the Moon by John Sanford. This is a new series with Virgil Flowers as the lead. I couldn't put it down. John Sanford lives in MN and I used to live there so I know the places he is talking about which make books more interesting, for me anyway. I like his writing style. A bunch of twists and interesting characters.
*Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen. I heart Sarah! I love her books because they are romantic yet not sappy and they have a sense of literal magic to them. Pick this one up for sure! Garden Spells, her first book, is one of my all time favorites. They will transport you!
*Hold Tight by Harlan Coben. He is my favorite author and writes twisty, turny great mysteries! I have read all of his books and just love him! Tell No One is my favorite by him.
*Casting Spells by Barbara Bretton. I am half way through this book that I just started because I just can't put it down. Maybe that is why my Christmas cards were delayed... It is similar to Garden Spells and is about a human woman (half sorceress) who has to fall in love or the spell that is protecting her town of shapshifters, faeiries, trolls and vampires will be broken and their livelihood may become acknowledged. She has yet to come into her own powers and is starting to fall for another human who can't find out their secrets. Very good and a bit of fun romance thrown in.

If you love to read try these!! They are worth it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reading suggestions. I always get to the library or bookstore and have not a clue what to get.

Julie