Friday, December 12, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things: Ornaments

Okay, so I decided to start 'A Few of My Favorite Things' and feature different things that I like so much that I have to share! I do have a lot of favorite things... Since Christmas is coming and everyone is decorating their trees, I thought I would share my favorite ornaments that are on my tree. I really like a lot of them so it was hard to choose. My absolute favorite ornament of all time used to hang on my parents tree. My mom changed her tree this year so I don't know what she did with that ornament but it was a chintzy little gold frame with a picture of my two brothers and me on Christmas morning when we were little. We are doing a three man hug and have these goofy grins on our faces. It absolutely captures Christmas.

An angel holding a star... I found this little cutie pie at one of my favorite local shops- Evolutions in Design.
I think I have all of the star wizards in my ornament collection.

I found this snowperson couple at a craft fair in Eagle River and gave it to Steve for Christmas in 2001.

This Santa may look familiar to most of you. I crafted it from felt after it was our Christmas card a few years back.

Not many of you know this but I went through a flamingo stage when I was in Jr High/High School. They were trendy, it was the 80s, what more can I say... Should I be ashamed of that? ;) This funky flamingo is from my Godmother Carol in 1991. Handmade and totally fun. She probably found it on one of her many fascinating adventures!

I went to The Nutcracker for the first time when I was 8, December 1983. My mom bought this for me to remember that. This was my first ornament.

Another star wizard...

Another little obsession of mine (besides stars) is fairies. This is a fairy not an angel because she doesn't have a halo and I want her to be a fairy! I love that she is rustic and has fairy dust on the star in her hair. My mom found this one for me as well a few years ago. She even has curly hair!!

So I have to have an absolute favorite on my own tree and this is it! I found this handmade Raku star in New Mexico (Not sure if it was in Albuquerque, Santa Fe or Taos- I can picture the store but not which town- we did a lot of shopping! My guess is Taos.) on a trip in 2005 with my mom and our friend, Joanne. Mom ended up buying it for me but I had to wait until Christmas to get it!

So that is the first of many of the new feature- A Few of My Favorite Things! I hope you enjoyed it!!

No comments: