Thursday, December 18, 2008

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...

So one of the main things that drew me to this house was the fireplace. I love it. Except for one thing... we can't figure out how to turn it on!! The Santa on the hearth was made by my mom about 20 years ago (gasp! Hasn't seemed like that long since I was a Freshman in HS!!) She made the quilted wall hanging a few years ago as well (which of course has stars all over it). She even had me picking out fabric for that little surprise! Steve's mom made our three adorable cross stitched stockings- The lyrics to Christmas songs are on each one-mine is Frosty the Snowman, Steve's is 'Twas the night before Christmas and Andrew's is Santa Claus is Coming to Town. She has a fourth one planned as well. We'll see!

2 comments:

nikki/WhiMSy love said...

I love the whole holiday/fireplace scene! So cozy-like & perfect!
(& those pictures of your wee one, in an earlier post, fussin' on Santa's lap are ADORABLE!)

gina said...

I jealous of your fireplace!

Love the festive scenen- Merry Christmas!