Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chicago

Steve and I got down to Chicago at the end of October. We did the Chicago Architecture Foundation River Tour. A lot has changed since I did the tour with one of my high school classes in 1991!! It started raining as soon as we got on the boat and stopped as soon as we got off. Plus it was cold. Our tour guide was phenomenal. She knew everything. From memory. All the sailboats had to be off Lake Michigan so they were opening all the bridges up the river for them. They looked like they were having fun!


With our $2.00 garbage bags on. Wish I would have thought of that!

We went in the cabin because the monsoon was a little much and we were freezing. We went back up after awhile because we couldn't see anything down there.

We also ended up at one of my favorite museums, The Art Institute of Chicago. My favorite piece (America Windows by Marc Chagall) was off display until the next weekend. We met my friend, Mel and her husband Sean later for dinner at Fiorentino's down the street from their place. It was delish! Oh, and we stayed at the most fabulous hotel!! The Talbott Hotel was neighborhood-y and super friendly and just a couple of blocks off Michigan Avenue near the John Hancock Building. We are definitely staying there again!!

No comments: